Friday, May 9, 2014

Allen Marine Training

Well, sometimes you start a new job and the biggest thing for most work places, that one does not look forward to, is training. Am I right? I started my training with Allen Marine Tours yesterday and I have to say, this is going to be an awesome place to work. When I started my job hunting, my only requirement was, this has got to be fun. Well it's not hard to tell after only two days that I have found my nitch. I know it will be hard work also, but doing something you love makes all the difference. Everyone is very friendly and when was the last time you got to go out for a boat ride for training? Not me! We saw an Otter and a whale today and the weather was spectacular. Mike, our Captain , did a great job entertaining us, as did our Naturalist's, Bill and Mary. All in all, not bad for my second day on the job. Anyone out there in cyber space that may be planning a trip this way and may want to go on a nice sight seeing tour, you can contact Allen Marine Tours at 1-888-747-8101. Just a little plug there. LOL
Going to be an awesome summer in Sitka!
Beautiful day for a training ride

Bill, one of our naturalist's

Jamie showing how to use the life jackets

Mary, another naturalist, and our neighbor downstairs

Devin, guest services on the St. Tatiana

Capt Greg 

Sea Otter we found cruising

Having some lunch

Capt Mike at the wheel with Clay our deck hand

Heading back to town



This is our gift shop and galley on the St. Michael, my boat

Keturah, our naturalist

Trish and I are Guest service


Caught sight of a whale on our way back to town


Buh Bye now  heehee

Getting back to town

No comments:

Post a Comment