Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Running of the Boots 2013

The 6th annual Running of the Boots in Sitka is to say goodbye and thank you to all of the visitors that have come over the summer via cruise ships, Ferry's,and or airplanes. All of the towns folk dress up in funny costumes and we all run, sort of around the block. Prizes are given for the fastest boot, (not me) , the craziest outfit, (not me), best family outfit, (not me) , and some other categories, also (not me) . I was also not the winner of the slowest boot! A woman with 2 small children got that one and even when they were calling her number as the winner it took her a few minutes to make it to the stage. Sitka food, the chamber of commerce, and the cruise lines put out a free bbq for anyone that would like to come. Hamburgers, hot dogs and rock fish were served. There was music to enjoy and most of the shops were open for business with some good sales to be had. All in all it was a fun day! Thinking of my costume for next year already!














No comments:

Post a Comment