Thursday, May 9, 2013

First Cruise ship is here!

The first Cruise ship arrived today. Michael and I went for our usual walk and when we came around the corner where the bench we stop and enjoy the view is, BAM! Big ole boat in the harbor! This first one unloaded 1833 passengers into town. Town looked a lot different than it did yesterday!

Young Eagles in the tree across the street

Soaking up the sun at the beach

Eating some of the provolone cheese we made

Pretty mountain out our back porch


Look close, there was a deer crossing our daily walking path


See him hiding to the left?

Taxi Drivers when ships come in to port

2 comments:

  1. Martha,

    I love your blog! I am considering moving to Sitka for a job, and have had a hard time finding blogs/resources like yours that discuss daily life in Sitka. Your blog has been so helpful! I was curious if you would be willing to chat with me about some questions I have about Sitka living?

    Thanks so much!!

    Jen (jennifer.e.crane@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Glad you are enjoying my blog. Send me some contact info! :)

    ReplyDelete