Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hello Again!

Hello all of my loyal followers! Sorry I have not updated you in a bit about my life in Sitka. Been an awesome summer! Lots of sun, lots of rain, but still believing this is the most spectacular place I have ever lived. The salmon have been running for a few weeks now. Still no sign of the bears but the run is so good this year I am thinking they are up in the streams higher in the hills than down around town. Hopefully any ways. LOL Down by Totem Park where I walk the salmon are in the river making their way up to spawn. It looks like a parking lot with one fish in the front telling them all when it is their turn to go. Looks really weird looking down into the the water and seeing so many fish waiting for the ultimate sacrifice, to continue it's species. We have so much salmon in the freezer right now it is just amazing. Michael has caught most of it but some of  his customers have brought in some to share. I love when they share salmon, crab, oysters, and clams. What a most amazing place we live!

We also had a famous visitor this summer. Charlie Sheen! He was in route to Petersburg but his pilots were unsure of the landing pattern there so they did an over night stop here in Sitka. He was very gracious with autographs, posing for photos and talking to people on the street and of course no visit is complete without a visit to the Pioneer Bar. Unfortunately I did not get to meet him in person but hopefully he will be back for a visit in the future.  

As our day light is fading and the Salmon are completing their bow chicka bow bow spawn, I hope this post finds everyone enjoying the end of summer vacations and excellent weekends.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment